Thursday, June 30, 2011

they say the world is round







































I finished the drawing and I just hope that I don't scare you away with this one... I know it's a bit violent but at the same time: what can shock us these days? And that is a bit what I'm working on now. I take this figure of Pippi, and this time the younger, child version and not as in my paintings where I made her a grown-up. And I wonder: how much longer does it take before they take away our childhood heroes and make them also "bad", along with the rest of the world. And at the same time I wonder if the heroes maybe did'nt want to be heroes at all! I want to make at least 5 of these big drawings and all in the same style and theme. I find it a bit stange myself that I'm working on this now because I hate weapons. But I feel that I just have to finish them.

8 comments:

  1. wauw Celine, erg indrukwekkend, mooi contrast! Echt een prachtige tekening! Hij zou voor mij zo op de expo 'All About Drawing' kunnen (nu in Schiedam te zien) Daar waren ook confronterende beelden te zien. 'k Vind de compositie ook erg goed en echt heel mooi getekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das ist ein wirklich beeindruckendes Bild! Durch die Perspektive wirken die Hände so groß, dass sie nicht wirklich zu dem Mädchen zu gehören scheinen. Ein super Effekt. Toll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahha she's fantastic :) specially like how u did her clothes, very gentle, fluttery, love it.
    she need a red boy i think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love it! I want it on my wall! Really Great Céline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ein ganz großartiges bild, celine! das thema ist brisant und leider nur zu wahr. pippi mit pistole, ronja im kampfanzug..? ich bin gespannt auf weitere arbeiten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Das Bild muss man sich einfach mehrmals angucken... fantastisch wie die Linien verlaufen.. das Bild lebt dadurch... bin beeindruckt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. céline,
    I also hate guns but I admit that visually, I think they are elements "beautiful and strong" in a composition.
    This work is great! angle and the posture of Pippi are perfect!
    Be cool you do a series of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove the drama in this one it goes great along with the colour and her face expression!!! More pls ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment!